Photography & Videography Guidelines
Animazement guests, attendees, volunteers, staff and employees have the right to maintain their privacy. Animazement members may be asked to refrain from photographing guests if the guests would prefer to not have their photo taken.
Photographing within the Artists Alley and the Art Show is only allowed at the discretion of the individual artists.
The usage of photographic and other recording devices is prohibited in certain areas of the convention, including but not limited to:
- Video Rooms
- Music/Concert Events
The usage of flash photography is prohibited in certain areas of the convention, including but not limited to:
- Guest Panels
Professional Photographic Equipment Usage Inside & Outside of Raleigh Convention Center (RCC)
Raleigh is very open to photographers and film crew in public areas, but caution and safety are their only concerns. The use of professional photographic equipment on Raleigh sidewalks, public land and parks are allowed including tripods, lights, stands, etc. and DOES NOT REQUIRE specialized photo permits within the city limits and must follow the city public fair use ordinance. As long as the photographic equipment DO NOT impede pedestrian traffic or cause safety concerns by the Raleigh Police, NOR does your placement of equipment or actions of photographing causes property damages including, but not limited to stomping over flowers or bushes, you should be fine.
If you require areas of public property to be sectioned off for photographic or film production, please contact the Raleigh Police Information and Questions at 919-996-3335.
There are no restrictions of photography or videography of using handheld or fixed equipment outside the RCC.
- Tripods, Lights, Stands, Jibs, Cranes, etc. are allowed outside on RCC property within reason (i.e. stay on walk paths).
- Equipment must not impede pedestrian traffic flow. Share the sidewalk and walk paths.
- Try to limit your shoot time and give others respect and courtesy to shoot in similar locations.
No temporary or permanent free standing fixed photographic equipment (tripod, stands, cranes, etc.) are allowed inside RCC unless:
- Animazement Attendee has a Press Pass.
- Obtained written permission from Staff of Animazement, Educational Growth Across Oceans organization.
- Use of assistants to handhold fixed photographic equipment (people used as bipods holding softboxes) are OK.
- Designated & marked photo booths and photography areas.
The use of photographic equipment inside RCC must adhere to Fire Safety rules:
- All equipment and personnel must be 4 ft away from Doors and Entrances.
- All equipment and personnel must NOT be impeding traffic at any time, please be respectful.
- No temporary or permanent equipment can be rigged to railings, walls or ceilings by use of grips, adhesive or any other means.
The unsanctioned sale of photography services is strictly forbidden.
It is against Animazement policy for anyone to sell anything outside the Dealers’ Room. It is further against RCC policy for anyone to attempt sales on the grounds outside the RCC. It is against hotel policy for anyone to sell anything from hotel rooms or other hotel space. If is found violating any of these policies, the violator will be immediately removed from the convention, potentially forfeiting their badge. In addition, the RCC and area hotels may remove the violator from their premises at their discretion.
City of Raleigh Management
Martha Lobo – Zoning Regulator
Robert Peirce – Assistant Zoning Regulator
All Animazement members and attendees at the Animazement event are prevented from taking, recording, or creating film or digital pictures, videos, tapes, sound recordings or any other visual or auditory recreation of any kind of any Animazement guest, member, volunteer, employee or of any event including but not limited to the Dance, Panels, Cosplay Chess, Artists Alley, Masquerade or performances for any commercial use or for the solicitation of funds for any commercials without the express written permission from the Animazement, Educational Growth Across Oceans organization.
Do not attach any equipment to permanent structures or adhere anything to the walls of RCC.