Art Show and Auction
The Art Auction will be held Sunday morning from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm in the Art Classroom area in Exhibit Hall A. Bidding ends Saturday night! Please remember that the Art Show is cash only!
No art will be accepted after 12pm (noon) Saturday of the convention. This is to ensure that submissions get a fair share of time in the Show for attendees to view and bid.
Due to concerns about safety, children below the age of 10 years will not be allowed to participate in art classes. They may accompany a qualified adult into a class and an adult may choose to purchase a ticket to craft an item for the child, but the children themselves will not be allowed to handle the crafting materials or equipment. If you have further questions, feel free to ask the Art Show staff.
The Art Show is a place for artists of all stripes to display and sell art of all types. We differ from Artists Alley in that we cater towards people who only have a single or couple of pieces that they want to put up for bid, or perhaps an Alley artist who has a piece they wish to display separately. For the first two days of the convention, it works as a silent bid auction, where you register for an ID number and write your bids on the art bid sheets. Then, the live auction is Sunday; any pieces with five or more bids will go to a live auction where you can then go and continue to bid on something you like. Anything without five bids automatically goes to the final bidder on the sheet. We also have a buy-it-now process, which is outlined below.
We get some really amazing art, so please check us out! Remember to be kind to the artists; if you bid, please come by to see if you’ve won a piece and, if so, buy it. They thank you, and so do we.
Check the FAQ, rules, and notes below for more information. If you have any further questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Occasionally an original artist or producer will request that Fan Art be rejected for sale or display, even if the art piece otherwise complies with Art Room rules and policies.
Animazement will comply with their wishes.
The characters and settings of your favorite manga, anime, and live action works are the Intellectual property of the orignial artists and producers. Re-drawn [traced or eyeballed], photocopied, or digitally captured images are considered the Intellectual Property of the original artists and producers and cannot be accepted by the Art Room for sale or display.
Buy it Now
Many of you may be familiar with the Buy It Now systems utilized by many online auction sites. This will function much the same, except without the keyboard or postage. Artists who wish to participate will just need to list the Buy It Now price on their submission forms in the designated place. You may sell an item as Buy It Now, open for bids, or either. Note: Any bids on an item will void the Buy It Now option. We will do our best to monitor these pieces and remove the option to Buy It Now once a bid has been placed, but we ask for your understanding if you are denied the chance to buy a piece due to bids. If bids have been cancelled Buy It Now will still be voided to avoid misuse of bidder IDs. Customers who wish to purchase a piece of Buy It Now art should notify the staff, who will remove it and bring it to the table for checkout.
Artists can check back from time to time. If a piece has been sold via Buy It Now, we will allow you to pick up the funds whenever a staff member is available. You also then may be allowed to place another item, space permitting, at the staff’s discretion.
Original works of art and Fan Art may be submitted in accordance to the rules below. Fan Art is defined as art featuring your favorite characters and settings in original presentations (original poses, original mediums, etc). Art Room Staff will determine if a piece qualifies as original Fan Art.
- Art space is sold on a first-come, first-served basis at the convention only. There is no pre-registration or reservation of art space. Art must be ready to display at the time of space purchase. Animazement only collects art space rental, and does not take any commission from the sale of artwork, thus payment is due immediately. Animazement accepts cash only.
- All Prints, Paintings, and sketches must be able to hang from binder clips or hooks. Matting and/or framing the art piece is suggested to ensure the piece can be hung w/o damaging it; this also often helps to increase the piece’s value. Sculptures, models, and other 3D works must be on stable bases. Art Room Staff will determine if a piece must be hung, or should have a table display. All works must be identified with a bid form issued by the Art Room Staff.
- All Prints must be labeled as such on the bid sheets. The artist should specify if the print is unlimited or limited. Limited edition prints should feature the number of the print.
- Artists must purchase enough display space to cover the size of their artwork and bid forms. Art Room Staff will be responsible for placing the artwork on the display wall/table. While artists are welcome to make suggestions, the display techniques and locations are determined by Art Room Staff.
- Prices/desired opening bids may not be changed after the first bid is made.
- Animazement reserves the right to:
- Limit the number of pieces of art on any one display panel or table
- Refuse works based on their appropriateness and suitability for display
- Limit the number of pieces displayed by a single artist
- Cancel an artist’s rental, returning all rental fees and artwork.
- Deny re-entry in subsequent years to any bidders who do not honor their bids or who are caught changing their bids or other bids without prior approval.
- Photograph your art for social media updates. AZ will never use your art for promotional purposes without express consent.
- Artwork is not to be removed from the Art Room prior to the closure of bids unless the piece has been sold under the “Buy it Now” rules and is being collected by the buyer, or prior arrangements have been made with Art Room Staff. Any piece picked up prior to art contest judging will be excluded from the contest.
- Artists will be able to pick up earnings and unsold artwork on the Sunday of Animazement. Unclaimed artwork may be sold or destroyed at the discretion of Animazement. Revenue from the sale of unclaimed artwork and earnings unclaimed by artists may be donated to a charity of Animazement’s choosing. If an artist is not available on Sunday, special arrangements may be made with Art Room Staff at the staff’s discretion.
- Artists are responsible for all taxes and associated costs related to the sale or display of their artwork. Animazement encourages artists to consult their tax advisors.
- Animazement and the convention venue will take reasonable security precautions for the premises, however there is no assumption of any legal or financial responsibility for the artwork on display.
- All claims of error must be submitted in writing within 30 days of the close of the convention.
Cosplay Repair Booth
Brought to you by Haus Page, located in the artist alley off the right as you get off the escalator, the costume repair booth is available for all Animazement visitors to fix or alter any last minute costume needs. Run by sewing mechanic, Nash Page. We have on site costume and prop designers to fix and sew pieces as needed as well as expert advise to take your work to the next level. Costume repairs are free, any tips go to support local non-profit theatres in the area.