Vendor marketplace of official merchandise, such as figures, apparrel, manga, books, as well as a variety of retailers beyond the items listed.
Click here to join the wait-list for Animazement 2018!
Any person interested in selling in our Dealers Room should read the information packet thoroughly.
Join our mailing list for updates and information.
UPDATED INFORMATION – 2018
All notifications for Animazement 2018 Dealers’ Room have been sent out. If you have not received any notification, please send us an email to let us know. We have received many notifications that our emails have been going to junk/spam mail. So please also be sure to add us to your address book. Thank you!
|Thursday||11:00am – 9:00pm||Closed|
|Friday||8:30am – 8:00pm||1:00pm –7:00pm|
|Saturday||8:30am – 7:00pm||10:00am – 6:00pm|
|Sunday||8:30am – 5:00pm||10:00am – 3:00pm|
*All schedules subject to change.
Animazement Dealers’ Room is done through a selection process and booth selections will be made by Animazement. Dealers will be selected through the following process:
- An ‘Open Registration’ application will be open for the month of October 2017 (October 2st, 12:00AM EST – October 31st, 11:59PM EST). Please fill out the application and be sure to give as much information as possible. Wait list Applications will be opened after this date – any applications received after the ‘Open Registration’ period will be reviewed by staff before being placed on a wait list.
- This application will include an order preference for booth locations. PLEASE NOTE: We will try to accommodate preferences as much as possible, however this does NOT guarantee you will receive your booth preferences.
- A downloadable PDF of the dealers room map with pricing, will be made available soon.
- Applications will then be reviewed by Animazement staff. The selection order will be randomly generated from a list of approved applications.
- Animazement will notify dealers of their decision. Emails will be sent out within the first couple weeks of December. Once booth placements and reservations have been confirmed, Dealer Room Contracts and payments will be sent out.
- Dealers will have until noon (EST), January 15th, 2018 to confirm their payment and fill out contracts. Failure to do so can result in the registration being canceled and the booth(s) will be made available to others.
- Those not selected will be placed on a wait list and notified if any spots become available.
*Please note: You may not purchase booths under your name for other dealers or transfer your booth to another dealer. Failure to comply may result in removal of the dealer from the convention, forfeiting all fees, as well as banishment from future Animazement events. If you wish to transfer booths, please contact Animazement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dealers are welcome to bring their own furniture and fixtures, provided that they conform to safety standards and do not interfere with neighboring booths.
Animazement will assign multiple booths together to form a single space. Animazement will contact you as soon as possible if we are not able to accommodate your space request.
To manage traffic at the convention center dock, dealer arrival will be staggered throughout the day on Thursday. First, dealers will unload and then park outside the dock. Then booth setup can begin.
Animazement and the RCC have a limited number of dollies and carts to provide with unloading and loading. Dealers are encouraged to bring their own.
End of January 50%
End of February 25%
End of March 15%
On or after April 01 0%
Our goal is to reduce piracy that hurts the anime industry (including pirated/bootleg DVDs, fan-subs, and unlicensed merchandise). Animazement does not allow the staging, presentation, or sale of items that infringe upon the intellectual property of another party. As Animazement staffs are not always capable of spotting bootleg items, we need your help to protect the integrity of the industry and the reputation of our convention.
The dealer is responsible for verifying the authenticity of all goods sold at the booth. Items should display copyright or trademark information of some form (e.g., written text, sticker, and or seal) when appropriate. Animazement staff (Dealers’ Liaison, Assistant Directors, and Director) holds the final determination as to whether an item is considered to be pirated.
TRADEMARK INFRINDGEMENT: The use of trademarks without permission of the license holder is a violation of federal law. Prior to applying marks to merchandise, dealers are encouraged to verify allowed usage by searching the database of the U. S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Please note industry representatives will be present. They may also deem certain items in violation of their license and ask you to remove the items. Dealer compliance is required.
Each day prior to opening to attendees, Animazement staff will tour the dealers’ room. Dealers will be asked to remove any questionable items immediately. This is non-negotiable. Failure to comply may result in removal from the dealers’ room without reimbursement.
The first violation of this policy will come with a warning, at which time the Dealer will be asked to remove the offending merchandise. Failure to comply (a second violation) is cause for immediate removal of the Dealer from the convention, forfeiting all fees.
The following items are PROHIBITED from being sold in the Animazement dealer room:
- Contact lenses – US law and FDA regulations forbid the sale of contact lenses to anyone who does not have an optometrist-verified
- Airsoft guns, non-guns, rubber guns, function guns, and blanks
- E-cigarettes and vaping supplies
- Adult sex toys
The following items are RESTRICTED for vending in the Animazement dealer room:
- Adult materials – Dealers are required to comply with all appropriate laws related to the transport, display and sale of adult merchandise into and within the State of North Carolina. Adult materials must be displayed in a non-offensive and tasteful manner. All inappropriate parts must be completely covered. The dealer must check each attendee’s ID to ensure they are at least 18 years old before presenting or selling any adult materials to them. Adult materials must not exceed 25% of your merchandise for sale.
Animazement staff holds the final determination as to whether an item is considered “adult material” or is otherwise inappropriate for display and/or sale. Such items can include those that are gory or graphically violent, as well as those with extreme sexual content. Animazement reserves the right to request that a Dealer remove any or all adult materials, to “tone down” or remove displays, or to de-emphasize adult merchandise in displays.
The first violation of this policy will come with a warning, at which time the Dealer will be asked to remove the offending merchandise from the Dealers’ Room and convention area. Failure to comply (a second violation) is cause for immediate removal of the Dealer from the convention, forfeiting all Dealers’ fees.
- Live steel – Due to safety, policing and liability issues, Animazement will only allow pre-approved live steel dealers. The Dealers’ Room Division Head solely selects and invites the live steel vendor(s). An invitation is one of the following from the current registration year: an email, a phone call, or a text message. Invitations do not extend from year-to-year.
Weapons must be displayed in a safe manner with a focus on preventing accidents. Viewing and evaluation of weapons by attendees must be carefully supervised. Dealers are responsible for monitoring all activity within and in the immediate vicinity of their booths. Live steel vendors must carry their own insurance. Live steel vendors must check and record photo identification for age verification. (No one under 18 may handle or purchase live steel at Animazement.)
The Dealer must give all live steel and similar items to the purchaser in a fully sealed, taped, rip-proof package. (The Dealer is responsible for providing the tape and packaging.) The Dealer must let the Attendee verify that the item purchased is the item in the package prior to the package being sealed. The Dealer is responsible for providing purchases to the Attendees in closed packaging, as noted. The Dealer is not responsible for any actions Attendees take after receiving the package.
The following items are UNRESTRICTED for vending in the Animazement dealer room. All dealers are welcome to sell these items.
- Bokken, Bokutou, and Shinai
- Plastic/Resin Prop Weapons
- Non-perishable, Japanese snacks
All products sold within the State of North Carolina are subject to North Carolina sales tax. It is the dealer’s responsibility to determine the current sales tax rates, to report any sales taxes, and to follow the appropriate tax laws of both North Carolina and the dealer’s home state. Currently, the sales tax at the location of the event is 6.750%.
If Dealers (or their representatives, including attendee staff or volunteers) are found violating any of these policies, the Dealer will be immediately removed from the convention, forfeiting all Dealers’ fees. In addition, the RCC and area hotels may remove the Dealer from their premises at their discretion.
Please note that attendees are also bound by these policies.
End of January 50%
End of February 25%
End of March 15%
On or after April 01 0%
Note that donations are not required. Donations are tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please request a receipt for the contribution during the convention.